Area Sales Manager
Stresstech has been developing and manufacturing non-destructive inspection instruments for more than thirty years. With headquarters in Finland and sales offices in Germany, USA and India, Stresstech is the world-wide leader in its field, serving customers within the Automotive, Aerospace, Machine and Energy industries as well as universities and research institutes.
Stresstech Oy in Vaajakoski, Finland, is looking for an Area Sales Manager to strengthen its sales team for continued growth.
The Areas Sales Manager is expected to initiate, manage, support and follow-up on all sales and marketing activities performed by Stresstech’s distributors and agents in the allocated geographical area. Furthermore, as an Areas Sales Manager, you will be participating actively in symposia, product demonstrations and exhibitions as well as providing technical support to resellers as well as customers directly. After a thorough introduction to Stresstech’s products and technologies, we expect you to work independently in growing sales in your geographical area, while reporting the company’s Sales Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Motivate and coach distributors and agents to achieve their sales goals. Assignment of corrective actions to improve underperforming salesmen
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with key customers in co-operation with regional representatives and distributors
- Find new prospects at international trade fairs, conferences and seminars, and by direct contacting
- Prepare quotations and underlying margin calculations
- Perform system demonstrations and trainings
- Identify marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses
- Report status on activities, CRM pipeline and plans to the Sales Manager on a weekly basis
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Sales Manager
- BSc, MSc within Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical education
- At least 3 years’ experience selling technical equipment to industrial accounts
- Experience dealing with diverse business cultures (ideally including China) and travelling internationally for business
- Willingness to travel when needed (estimated 60-120 days/year)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) - other language skills are considered an advantage
- Basic understanding of metallurgy, grinding and heat treatment processes of metallic components like gears/bearings/crankshafts
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application marked “Areas Sales Manager” along with your CV and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org or email us if you have further questions regarding this job.