Stresstech Oy in Vaajakoski, Finland, is looking for a
Stresstech has been developing and manufacturing non-destructive inspection instruments for more than thirty years. With headquarters and manufacturing in Finland and sales offices in Germany, USA and India, Stresstech is the world-wide leader in its field, serving customers within the Automotive, Aerospace, Machine and Energy industries as well as universities and research institutes.
The Product Manager is responsible for the continued commercial success (measured in increase in market share, sales and contribution) of the product groups (“Product”) he is assigned to. With a background in NDT equipment, the Product Manager will represent the “voice of the customer” in a strategic management discussions.
In order to increase sales in the short term, the Product Manager will push to ensure the Product is technically maintained and updated by Stresstech’s Engineering department and will promote the Product among the company’s sales and distribution network. To reach the Product’s long-term success, the Product Manager will develop, implement and communicate as well as manage the execution of a product strategy defining product design, target market and pricing. The Product Manager reports to the General Manager.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Identify and keep management updated on market trends, dynamics and threats through monitoring of all relevant communication channels (i.e. industry shows, periodicals, research publications).
- Perform competitive analysis of Products
- Develop good understand of customer preferences and wishes for improvement as it relates to Products and act as “voice of customer” in strategic management discussions
- Develop and communicate long-term Product strategies including suggestions for Product development, pricing, branding, and use of certain distribution channels.
- Derive Product roadmaps reflecting the incremental development steps and projects required to implement the Product strategy
- Prepare project proposals together with the R&D manager
- Investigate and suggest scientific or industrial partnerships in an effort to ensure timely realization of Product strategy
- Evaluate sourcing alternatives for external supplies of system components required for Product to reduce COGS and increase competitiveness of Products
- Report to General Manager regularly on status updates and any critical issues
- Travel to key accounts, cooperation partners, suppliers, or conferences as required
- BSc, or MSc within a relevant Engineering or Material Science discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience using Non-Destructive Testing equipment on machined parts
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercial or strategic role
- Strong people and communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) - other language skills are considered an advantage
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application marked “Product Manager” along with your CV and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org or email us if you have further questions regarding this job.