Field Service Engineer
Company: American Stress Technologies, Inc. (“AST” or “Company”)
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Reports to: Sales Manager
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for providing support services, including commissioning, installation, calibration, maintenance, and repair, for AST’s customers in North America. The Field Service Engineer will need to be capable of working with mechanical, electrical, and industrial controls and automation equipment while representing AST in professional manner. The candidate will be based out of the Company’s office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Handle after-sales support of testing equipment including installation, commissioning, and training;
- Perform equipment calibrations and inspections according to OEM specifications and documentation;
- Perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repair services both on-site and at AST’s premises;
- Collect data and maintain records for each job and/or customer;
- Provide written reports to the end customer summarizing work completed and any recommendations for further support;
- Be knowledgeable, professional, and personable in a customer-facing role;
- Work with the manufacturing team to identify nonconformities and to find both short-term solutions and long-term improvements;
- Work with the sales team to identify opportunities to serve customers further;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 2+ years relevant experience preferred;
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or other relevant technical degree with 5 years experience;
- Willing to travel 50%+ in North America (mostly continental United States);
- Experience installing or diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment;
- Experience with automation, controls, and/or robotics is a plus;
- Education or experience in materials testing or non-destructive testing is a plus;
- Experience in data collection, documentation, and report writing;
- Ability to be accessible and approachable in customer-facing situations;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills is a must (Word, Excel);
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment;
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, and manage business travel within budget requirements;
- Candidate must have solid time management skills and be a self-motivated, results driven professional with self-confidence and discipline;
- Candidate must possess a valid drivers license and must be able to obtain a US Passport.
- Base salary, commensurate with experience; salary range of $60,000 to $65,000 per year plus $10k bonus potential;
- 3 weeks paid vacation time per year;
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and 401k (with match) benefits provided.
For more than 30 years, American Stress Technologies has been providing non-destructive and destructive testing solutions for process control and quality inspection. Stresstech’s mission is to serve the quality control needs of transportation industry as well as energy and marine industry and research institutes alike.
If you are interested in this position please send your resume to email@example.com.
AST is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.