Measurement services are available in Stresstech laboratories or on-site for customer convenience.
Stresstech offers proven, reliable, and unmatched data driven quality control assessment for residual stress and retained austenite.
Measurement services are ideal for:
- jump-starting your testing needs before making an equipment purchase
- required data validation
- supporting your current laboratory
Our measurement specialists will work with you to evaluate your needs.
Comprehensive measurement data is delivered in an easy to understand report:
- Calculation details with easy to understand graphs and charts
- Sample profile and measurement details
- Information about the instrument and parameters used to perform your measurements
Stresstech can provide measurement services using X-ray diffraction, Barkhausen noise analysis, and ESPI hole drilling:
- X-ray diffraction is used for measuring residual stresses and retained austenite in crystalline materials and retained austenite content in steel. Whether in the lab, factory, or field, X-ray diffraction equipment is applicable for parts of all shapes, sizes, and compositions.
- Barkhausen noise analysis is used for detecting grinding burn damage or heat treatment defects in ferromagnetic materials.
- ESPI hole drilling is used for measuring residual stresses using electronic speckle pattern interferometry. This method determines regular surface displacements. Residual stress profiles are determined for confident analysis of part performance and fatigue life. Typical applications include the analysis of surface treatments as well as welding and machining stresses.
All our laboratories are accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 for residual stress and retained austenite measurement by X-ray diffraction. Follow the link to see more information: Certifications
Our measurement labs adhere to the application standards below:
- EN 15305:2008 “Non-destructive Testing. Test Method for Residual Stress analysis by X-ray Diffraction”.
- ASTM E2860 – 12 “Standard Test Method for Residual Stress Measurement by X-Ray Diffraction for Bearing Steels”.
- ASTM E975 – 03 “Standard Practice for X-Ray Determination of Retained Austenite in Steel with Near Random Crystallographic Orientation”
We can help you with your testing needs
Our knowledgeable engineers are standing by to answer your questions.